The Associate of Applied Science degree (A.A.S.) in Business with a concentration in Administrative Professional Technology prepares individuals for employment in today’s dynamic workplace environment. Graduates will be equipped to adapt to the continual change that evolving technology demands.
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate skill development in software applications.
- Perform electronic and routine office procedures.
- Prepare documents pertinent to an office environment.
- Explain proper management protocol for office files.
- Demonstrate use of specialty vocabulary through effective office communication.
- Develop decision-making and problem-solving skills.
The Business Program at Dyersburg State Community College is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
To facilitate success in this program, all students should enroll in ORN 1010 - Orientation: Learning to Succeed during their first semester at DSCC.
This concentration is specifically designed for students who plan to enter the workforce after graduation. Students who plan to pursue a baccalaureate degree should follow the Business Administration emphasis in the University Parallel Major leading to the Associate of Science degree.
TYPICAL JOBS: Executive or administrative assistant; administrative or office manager; legal or medical assistant; medical insurance clerk; electronic information processor; administrative support manager, supervisor or coordinator; medical, legal or information specialist; records manager; computer applications specialist.
Use Degree Works to view a sample degree plan.